One attempt with houseboats in Srinagar is that you should be high up in the hills. But if you are bypassing a houseboat stay in Srinagar, because you have experienced a houseboat in Alleppey, then you are wrong! The two are not comparable. Period.
The houseboats of Srinagar are luxury residences, anchored in a peaceful lake, surrounded by mighty mountains. The warm, cozy haven keeps you sniffing all night and lets you enjoy the spectacular views as the sun rises. The experience will definitely bend your feet and if someone is on the Kashmir travel card then you cannot miss it.
Overview of stay in houseboat in Srinagar
Think Srinagar, think houseboat. There is no way to resist the charm of these luxury accommodations parked in the awe-inspiring waters of Dal Lake and Nagin Lake. You will be treated to breathtaking sceneries, amazing hospitality and delightful food. But unlike the houseboats at Alleppey, these luxury ships are anchored in one place and do not move around.
No matter how tall or short it is, do not miss the stunning sunset, fragrant and colorful flowers, makeshift markets and vendors selling fresh fruits and vegetables. Everything from the magnificent landscape to the charming decoration of the houseboat will leave you spellbound. Friendly caregivers and friendly relationships make your stay on the houseboat more sweet and memorable.
Facilities and food in houseboat in Srinagar
- Decoration: Houseboats in Srinagar symbolize ultimate luxury and heritage. Equipped with rich colors and luxurious interiors, these houseboats provide a relaxing holiday for families as well as couples. Go in details – don’t be surprised to see four poster beds, ambient lamps, fab upholstery, gorgeous chandeliers and the like. However, the level of maintenance and dullness may vary according to the class of boat you choose. Apart from inviting the interiors, you will be tempted by a beautiful lake view from the deck, dark clouds playing hide and seek and a pleasant calm atmosphere for the night. The photographer in you will be spoiled with innumerable moments waiting to be spoiled.
- Features: Most luxury houseboats will offer you a variety of meal plans. There are options for vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Necessary facilities such as 24-hour water supply and electric blankets are also available, however, the power supply may be interrupted. Some boats may have their own generators – select them if you are living with children or elders in the family. Also, see if a room heating system is in place. Deluxe or super luxurious boats can also offer Wi-Fi. Before booking a houseboat, be fully confident of all important features. Also ask them about hidden costs.
- food: Yes, this is going to be a party for your taste buds. Treat every taste as a feast on Yummy Kashmiri Wazwan and a range of international cuisine. And don’t forget the desserts – they are absolutely mind-blowing, and rich in exotic ingredients like dried apples and figs.
Read the suggestion: 10 Ether Hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake
Houseboat Price in Srinagar
Houseboats fell in Srinagar Five main categories – Deluxe, A grade / class, D up to B grade / class. As the name says, deluxe houseboats are the most luxurious. The level of luxury decreases as we move up to D grade / class. A well maintained, classy houseboat will cost you somewhere around INR 8,000 per night. The most luxurious ones run up to INR 2,00,000 per night.
But the most popular, of course, are Budget or economy houseboats, which are available between INR 4,000 to 7,000 per night. Further diversity will depend on the kind of add-on features, services and meal plans you ask for.
Seasonal Variations: There are tremendous seasonal changes in the per night tariffs of houseboats in Srinagar. Above are the peak season prices. they can do More than 50 percent dip in the off season.
What to consider when choosing a houseboat?
If you are ready to have a great and comfortable stay in one Best Houseboat in Srinagar, Then you have to go through the list of important things to consider when choosing your houseboat. To keep an eye!
- Location: It all depends on you whether you want a crowded place or some far away place which has one or two boats. All the boats are located on Dal Lake, but there are only a few which are located near the lake where you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the surroundings. So choose a houseboat according to your mood.
- food: Check dining options before booking. If you are a vegetarian, then check the food options available to you.
- Size and type of houseboat: If you want a luxurious stay, you must book one of Srinagar’s most famous 5-star houseboats. These houseboats are huge and provide excellent services.
- Houseboat Owners: If you want personal attention, you have to book a houseboat, which is managed by its owners, the people in Srinagar are quite warm and hospitable.
How to book a houseboat in Srinagar?
Along with the budget, luxury houseboats in Srinagar are booked at least weeks in advance, even in their off season.
You can make a budget houseboat with the best of your luxury booking as well as Royal Houseboat in Srinagar, Naz Kashmir and Shelter Houseboat.
read ahead: 15 things to do in Kashmir to see the best of this paradise on earth
Everyone excited for your grand stay in the famous houseboats of Srinagar? What are you waiting for? These houseboats will make the perfect stay option for your honeymoon or your family vacation. So, get packed, book your vacation in Srinagar with Travel Triangle and get ready for the best trip of your life!
Frequently Asked Questions about Houseboat in Srinagar
a. A houseboat is called Shikara in Kashmir. It is used for various purposes and comes in different sizes.
a. The houseboats used for cruising have engines.
a. Yes, you can stay in a houseboat. There are many houseboats in Kashmir where you can stay.
a. Yes, you can build your own houseboat if you have all the necessary items and are aware of the process of building one.
a. Srinagar is famous for houseboats and gardens. You will find houseboats on Dal Lake and see various gardens such as the Mughal Gardens.
a. The very first houseboat was built in 1985 in the US.
a. The houseboats of Srinagar are stable. They do not walk like those in Kerala.
a. Yes, it is safe to stay in a houseboat in Srinagar.
People also read: