Situated at an altitude of 1600 meters beside the Tirthan River in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, the Tirthan Valley is a land of virgin and mystified beauty. Follow one trail or the other, walk into the woods or beside the Tirthan river, or indulge in an adventure activity – the quaint valley offers ample opportunities for the offbeat travelers in its unacquainted landscapes.
Why Should You Visit The Tirthan Valley?
The magical escape in the Great Himalayan National Park ecozone will untether you from all the worldly troubles and provide a relaxing environment to forget the world altogether. The Tirthan Valley is an ideal place for a plethora of activities including, inter alia, trout fishing, hiking, trekking, camping, bonfires, and photography.
The last decade itself has seen a high rise in the ecotourism. There are many nearby places where tourists flock in large numbers – Kasol, Tosh, Manali, Kheerganga, etc. Tirthan Valley, however, has managed to remain a destination less traveled to. So, you can be sure to find solitude and peace in this destination with fun-filled activities galore.
What Are The Various Activities To Try In The Tirthan Valley?
Travelers can indulge in numerous adventure and fun-filled activities. These include:
- Rock climbing, rappelling, and jumaring
- Hiking and night trekking
- River crossing
- Trout fishing and angling
- Bird watching
- Yoga & meditation
- Star gazing
- White water rafting
- Horseback riding
- Dates: 1st July (Friday) – 4th July (Tuesday)
- Duration: 2N/3D in Tirthan Valley; 2 nights overnight travel extra
- Journey Map: Delhi – Tirthan valley – The Great Himalayan National Park – Delhi
- Departure City: Delhi (Majnu ka Tila; 5:00 pm)
- Accommodation: Travelers can book any of the 2 Star and 3 Star riverside resorts located in the beautiful Himachal Valleys at an altitude of 2500 meters above the sea level. Some camp stay option are also available.
- Double sharing basis room stay: INR 7,999/- per person.
- Triple sharing basis room stay: INR 6,999/- per person.
- Quad sharing basis room stay: INR 6,499/- per person.
Day 1: Delhi – Banjar or Tirthan Valley [510 km / approx. 12 hours]
The journey to the Tirthan Valley begins around 5 pm in the evening from Majnu ka Tila in Delhi. The overnight journey to Tirthan Valley is covered in an AC coach.
Day 2: Local Sightseeing of the Waterfall
Arrive at the hotel in the morning. Check-in and freshen-up. You will be taken for a drive down to the riverside rest house. Some time is offered for relaxing and acclimatization. A couple of hours are offered here at leisure by the river side. You can indulge in some water activities – such as river crossing – here itself.
Thereafter, you will be taken for a 2 km climb to the waterfall. The waterfall is a beautiful site for bathing and enjoying. Later, you will be transferred back to the resort where you can play outdoor games such as badminton and volleyball. Dinner and night stay are offered at the hotel.
Day 3: Jalori Viewpoint and Serolsar Lake
After a delicious breakfast in the hotel, you will be taken for a drive to the Jalori Pass. Here you can enjoy the stunning 360° view of the Great Himalayas and the Kullu Valley. Thereafter, you will be taken for a trek to Serolsar Lake – a place famous for its temple devoted to Goddess Budhi Nagin.
Later in the evening, you will be taken back to the hotel. Enjoy bonfire with light music and snacks. Dinner and night stay are offered at the hotel.
Day 4: Visit to the Great Himalayan National Park and Return Journey to Delhi
Check-out from the hotel after a hearty breakfast. Proceed for the sightseeing of the Great Himalayan National Park.
After some time in the national park, head for an overnight return journey to Delhi. You will reach Delhi early morning on the next day.
But, before you read any further catch a glimpse of all the fun that await on TravelTriangle’s Tirthan Valley weekend trip.
Here’s where you can book a trip to Tirthan Valley.
- A welcome drink on arrival.
- Accommodation (Cottage/Suite/Camp)
- Rooms are on Double/Triple/Quad sharing basis as per the itinerary stay.
- 02 Breakfast and 02 Dinner Veg/Non-Veg as mentioned in the itinerary (During the stay)
- 02 Veg + 02 Non-veg snacks in the evening (including Trout fish)
- Bonfire and music in the evening
- Morning & evening tea, coffee, or drink with cookies
- All surface traveling by AC coach as per requirement
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Free access to all in-house games & activities such as cricket, badminton, etc.
- Service of a guide during sightseeing
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Adventures activities – rock climbing, rappelling, river crossing, trekking, trout fishing (yoga, meditation, & natural spa – are not included in the package
- Tips & personal expenses.
- Anything else that is not mentioned in the inclusions
- For heater requirement, directly contact the hotel.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: No refund shall be made under any circumstances.
- Reservation shall be confirmed on full advance payment.
Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of non-refundable advance.
- All payments to be made in advance. We will not allow anyone to board the vehicle till the payments are clear. Cash transfer will not be entertained.
- No one will be allowed to board the bus without full payment.
- No one will be allowed to board the bus without a valid govt approved ID. Your ID will be checked before boarding.
- No pickup/drop will be made on-route. No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- AC will be switched off on the hill and during waiting time. Also, during the trip, it will be driver’s discretion for putting off AC if the road and travel don’t support. This is for travelers safety as the route can be dangerous and the vehicle may not be able to operator properly with AC running.
- Departure time is given and is fixed. You have to report by that time. It’s on you to update your status to the trip coordinator. Anyone missing the bus will not be entertained for a refund and it will not be TravelTriangle’s responsibility. We will try to call you twice before departure. Any phone not getting connected will not be TravelTriangle’s responsibility.
- We request you to not travel with heavy luggage. Only light luggage or bags are allowed.
- Management shall not take responsibility for the missing items during the trip. It is, hence, requested to avoid travelling with ornaments, jewelry, cash, etc.
- All our packages are ‘group packages’ and same services/items are applicable for each person in the group.
- Any meal, activity, or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not allow drinking during the travel mode in the bus. Anyone found drunk at the time of boarding will be refused entry and no amount will be refunded. TravelTriangle also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct.
- In the hilly terrain, all the systems of the vehicle like the Air conditioning, sound systems etc will be at the discretion of the driver. Focus will always be on safety.
- We entertain only those persons at the campsite for whom the booking has been made. No additional persons will be entertained under any circumstances.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason, guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred- directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents.
- Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. may dictate itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort, & general well being.
- We reserve the rights for the cancellation of a particular person not following the instructions of our guide during any activity. We reserve to rights for cancellation of the person on account of misbehavior or in case the person is found drinking on the bus.
So what are you waiting for? Book your trip to Tirthan Valley and have a fun-filled holiday away from the tensions of the world.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tirthan Valley
Is Tirthan Valley safe?
Tirthan Valley is considered to be one of the safest tourist places in Himachal Pradesh. The valley is ideal for those looking for a peaceful getaway. This place will ensure you undergo a meditative travel experience.
How do I get to Tirthan Valley?
In order to reach Tirthan Valley, you must first get to Aut. The valley is located at a distance of 26 kilometers from Aut and can be easily reached via car. On your way, you can enjoy the picturesque view of the river.
Does it snow in Tirthan Valley?
Yes, it snows in Tirthan Valley. The valley receives snowfall during the time period between December and February.
How far is Tirthan Valley from Delhi?
Tirthan Valley is at a distance of around 483 kilometers from Delhi and it will take you about 11 hours to reach the valley from the capital city.
How do I get to Banjar?
You can reach the town of Banjar by taking a private bus. Once you reach there, don’t forget to visit Tirthan Valley, as it is the highlight of the town.
Where is Tirthan Valley situated?
Tirthan Valley is a part of the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh. The name of this valley has been derived from tirthan river.
How do I get to Serolsar Lake?
Serolsar Lake is located at a distance of almost 25 kilometers from Tirthan Valley. On your visit to the valley, you must go to witness this beautiful lake. It will take you around 1 hour to reach the lake via car.
What is Himachal Pradesh famous for?
Apart from the eye-pleasing landscapes, this state of India is known for its culture and people. The hill stations in Himachal Pradesh are worth visiting and can often be found in the list of dedicated travelers. There are many adventurous activities as well that you can indulge yourselves in while exploring the hill stations.