Manali and Mussoorie are two very popular holiday destinations in India, which have earned their fair share of prestige and popularity due to its scenic beauty and breathtaking views of the surroundings. Both these places are often crowded by tourists flying from different corners of the world. this Manali vs Mussoorie The guide will briefly describe the above places to give you an idea of these vacation spots. Wondering whether to visit Manali or Mussoorie, this handcrafted guide will definitely help you decide which destination is perfect for you!
Mussoorie is a very beautiful hill station. It is truly a blessed holiday destination that is certainly full of nature’s bounty that is not seen anywhere else in the world. There are many gardens, lush green hills, graciously beautiful valleys and some real natural and panoramic views are truly worth seeing to your eyes. Whereas Manali is a very beautiful and high altitude Himalayan resort town located in the state of Himachal Pradesh, North India. Apart from being a popular honeymoon destination, the place is often visited by tourists with friends and family as it is perfect for skiing and trekking in Solang Valley and Parvati Valley respectively. It often praises its beauty or its beauty in diversity due to its attractive natural scenery and pleasant weather, which alone gives a great atmosphere and a very comfortable yet remarkable atmosphere.
must read: Camping in Manali: A Guide to the 8 Best Places to Experience an Adventure Beyond the Call of the Mountains!
Best time to go
The winter season between October and February is considered to be the best time to visit Manali. Temperatures rarely fall to zero degrees Celsius during these months. On the other hand, summers are recommended for Mussoorie and the best time is between April and June. If you want to see snowfall then winters can also be spectacular.
It is said that 2 to 4 days would be perfect to explore the beautiful Manali, while in 2 to 3 days it is advisable to visit several points in Mussoorie.
Read the suggestion: 8 Mussoorie Travel Tips To Sweat A Sweat For This Waterless Destination
- Average Accommodation:
Manali – INR 2,000 approx. (for two people)
Mussoorie – INR 900 approx. (for two people)
Manali – INR 100-250 approx. (Per person per meal)
Mussoorie – INR 300 approx. (Two people per meal)
Manali – INR 500 approx.
Mussoorie – INR 350-500 approx.
Manali – INR 1,500-3,000 approx. (Hiring a taxi or a full trip)
Mussoorie – INR 1,000-1,500 approx.
Manali – INR 1000 approx.
Mussoorie – INR 1000 approx.
- Average budget per day:
Manali – INR 6,000 approx.
Mussoorie – INR 3,600 approx.
Read the suggestion: 12 best Manali hotels in 2021, full of comfort and luxury
Best places to go on your vacation
There are many places to visit in Manali as well as Mussoorie and some of the best places to visit are as follows!
Places to visit in Manali
- Humpta Pass Trek- It is one of the widely visited attractions located in Manali and is a great place for trekking. Amidst dense pine forests and ancient glacial valleys, this scenic spot is worth a visit for adventure enthusiasts.
- Nehru Kund- Its name is derived from India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, who is said to have drank the water of his natural spring. Visitors can enjoy breath-taking and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Van Vihar – It is a very beautiful municipal garden, located on the Mall Road, Manali. There is a huge pond for boating which is surrounded by dense and tall cedar trees.
- Manali Sanctuary- This magnificent sanctuary is considered the home of Mona, the state bird of Himachal Pradesh, yet many other rare and local species are seen here. To make a note, visitors can catch sight of brown bears, oyster darlings and snow leopards.
- Bara Bangal Trek- It is also referred to as the Shepherds Trail trek and is a great attraction stretching from the lush Kullu valley to the stark landscape of the Bara Bhangal Range.
Read the suggestion: 13 extreme adventure games in Manali that will get your heart racing in 2021
Places to visit in Mussoorie
- Red dunes This beautiful attraction is well established on the peak of Depot Hill in Landour which is about 6 km from Mussoorie. Due to its location and being the highest point in the region it is certainly known for providing some amazing astonishing viewpoints throughout the region.
- Lake Mist- It is one of the very beautiful points of interest situated in the center of Mussoorie and is widely visited by tourists throughout the year. If you are in Mussoorie then do not miss this beautiful place. The emerald waters of the lake are covered with lush green forest areas and many couples have found shelter here due to their remarkable environment.
- Gun Hill- It is the second highest peak in Mussoorie and one of the most widely visited attractions in the region. Tourists come here to experience the thrilling ropeway ride which is 400 meters long.
Nag Tibba Trek- If you are looking for a great weekend trek then here it is. This amazing adventure spot is truly a paradise for all adventure enthusiasts who offer a climb of about 10,000 feet amidst snow-capped mountains.
- Benog Wildlife Sanctuary- It is believed to be home to almost extinct mountain quail, leopards, deer and the very beautiful red-billed blue magpie. One can even see very beautiful yet rare species of birds and it is said to be perfect for a good walk.
Read the suggestion: 7 Quixotic Villas in Mussoorie where you can make a grand plan in 2021
Best place to shop
Shopping is always fun but when it comes to shopping during the holiday it is a completely different kind of adventure. There are dozens of shopping spots in Mussoorie as well as Manali. All the best are listed in this Manali vs Mussoorie guide. To keep an eye!
Shopping spots in Manali
- Manu Market: Located in Sial, the place is one of the busiest shopping places in the entire Manali. Tourists can cheer themselves up by purchasing a variety of items such as books, clothes, shoes, utensils, artificial jewelery and household appliances. The market operates between 10 am and 6 pm.
- Bhutico: Dating back to history, the place was first introduced in 1944 and started as a cooperative shop by a group of women. It is truly considered to be one of the best shopping spots in Manali. It is located in Bhutti Colony and its well is known for selling various accessories and some fashionable jackets to wear in winter. The market operates between 10 am and 7 pm.
Read the suggestion: 37 great things for Manalan Joy in 2021 in Manali
Places to shop in Mussoorie
- road freight: It is definitely the main shopping hub of Mussoorie, where you can visit a few hundred good tourists every day. Here you can buy almost everything starting from electronics to consumer durables, which are everyday essentials. You can get a good deal on woolen clothes, shawls and beautiful antiques.
- Tibetan Market: There are many shops and stalls run by local Tibetans and visitors can do some decent winter clothes, shawls and Tibetan woodwork. This amazing market is known for its woven carpets so that they can walk alone. Some food stalls are also said to serve very tasty momos and some other Tibetan dishes.
Read the suggestion: Your short guide to shopping in Mussoorie
Currency and visa
Only Indian currency is accepted here at both the places. Any visitor not from India may require a valid visa obtained from government verified agents. Visitors are requested to follow up with their government verified agents to have information about the type of visa requirement to follow the norms and policies of their country.
How to reach
When you are in Manali, there are many options to be around and we can start with their convenient taxi services which can be hired at any time of the day as per your convenience. Hiring a taxi also facilitates many attractions for sightseeing. Talking about Mussoorie, it is a small hill station, but cycle-rickshaws are quite cheap and convenient as it is easily available. Taxi hire can also be a good option.
read ahead: 10 things to do in Mussoorie in June for an unforgettable trip in 2021
Manali and Mussoorie are two incredible destinations for a holiday. But it is difficult to choose one of them. To save you from all the confusion, go on your vacation before going through this Manali vs Mussoorie guide. And let us know in the comments section below which destination you picked up and how your vacation went!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images displayed on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respected owners. Whenever possible we try to link back to the original sources. If you own the rights to any pictures, and do not want them displayed on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be removed immediately. We believe in providing proper momentum to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently asked questions about Manali and Mussoorie
a. Winters occur when most people actually visit this late Blessed Manali and the best time is said to be between October and February. Temperatures often fall to zero degrees Celsius during winter. However, during the said period, Mussoorie can be seen more and more between April and June due to its perfect weather.
a. Manali and Mussoorie are famous holiday destinations, but in fact, none of the places for food, accommodation and other expenses are very expensive, can be expressed as a very reasonable amount without hurting your budget too much.
a. Manu Market and Bhutico in Manali are quite famous shopping spots and have earned a fair share of prestige and recognition for themselves while Mall Road and Tibetan Market are where tourists are seen flooding Mussoorie for a great shopping experience.
a. Manali is indeed a wonderful place as a holiday destination and nothing happens when you visit with your family. It is known for providing some great experiences and nurturing a lifetime.
a. Mussoorie has earned its reputation for being a safe holiday destination, let alone a very beautiful place to travel if you are looking for a quiet yet relaxing holiday to explore. It is best to travel with your near and dear ones as the place has a lot to offer to its visitors.
a. Although both places are extremely beautiful and are a widely visited holiday destination, these places are still not very expensive. The accommodation and food are reasonably reasonable and should definitely fall under your budget.
People also read: